Tuesday, August 31, 2010

45th High School Reunion

All of my recent travels from St. Louis to Indianapolis, to Longboat Key, and return to St. Louis via Indianapolis were tiring, but fulfilling. I had a great time with my son, helping him move to Florida (where we'll be joining him in a month), and then having the chance to visit an air museum, the Corvette Museum, a private car collection, and a three day high school reunion weekend.

I will most likely post a number of photos from the reunion on my Face Book page, so for the Friday night get-together I chose a shot taken of yours truly, by my friend Sarah. Sarah and her new husband Dick were my gracious hosts on Friday night, and she and I go way back to P.S. 66 at 38th and Park Avenue in Indianapolis. We were to go through grade and high school, and kept in touch over the years. Our class has held reunions every five years since 1970, and we keep in touch a lot.

Friday was for folks who got into town early, and we met at a Mexican theme restaurant, so naturally I'm drinking a margarita. The pretty lady in the picture is Judy Barnes Stahl, who married her high school classmate Bob Stahl. Judy retired as a minister, and Bob continues a career as a financial consultant as I understand. The classic marriage of faith and the money changer, so I'm confused with the parable there. Judy offers one heck of a prayer, which she gave the following night as we remembered those of our class no longer with us. I'd quote statistics of my class, were it not for the fact I've already packed up and taped shut all my old high school annuals in anticipation of my own move to Florida later this month. We did have well over 30 people on Friday night, and would see five times that number the follow day, but that's the subject of another blog entry. By the way, the margarita tasted "damn fine", but I told Judy is was just "darn good". I guess I remain somewhat intimidated by ladies of the cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment