Tuesday, August 31, 2010

45th High School Reunion - main event





Oh, what a night. With apologies to Frankie Valli, it was "a very special time for me" although this was many decades after "late December back in '63". Our class of 1965 had gathered for the main event, our 45th class reunion held in late August, 2010, in the Broad Ripple area of Indianapolis. The weekend featured an early get together on Friday night, a tour of the old high school Saturday morning (I declined), the dinner/dance at 7-11 PM Saturday, and a follow up "get out of town Brunch" from 11-2 PM on Sunday.

I took a few pictures, some of which actually came out. I've selected three, including a shot of the band featuring classmate C.E. Quandt, who is a high school Principal these days, and of the tables full of classmates and spouses, and a shot of my prior night hosts, Sarah and Dick with Sarah's fellow band-mate Marsha to her right. The deck outside the event hall was popular, as the heat of late August was winning over the air conditioning of the facility.

Roast beef was the meal, and it wasn't bad - I always fear those large event catering situations, but this was OK. We had the one "60's band", and then we were entertained by a quartet that sang a lot of MOTOWN favorites. Some dancing took place, perhaps some romancing as well - none apparent to me, but with many of our number on marriages numbers two, three and even four, I suspect some liaisons were to take place afterward. For me, I retired to my son's house nearby so I wouldn't disturb Dick and Sarah who planned early church on Sunday.

I did indeed do the brunch, at least from 11 AM to 1 PM, then decided I needed to get back home to St. Louis and left. Had a nice drive with the top down so picked up some sun that had successfully evaded me during the prior week in rainy Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment