Monday, August 30, 2010

Road Trip


How much can you cram into a Jeep Liberty? Depends on who's doing the packing. In the past ten or twelve days, I've driven to Florida by way of Indianapolis, and carried down items which the moving vans would not take. That includes my son, who has also decided to move to Florida and pursue his career in the hospitality industry.

That's his Jeep, which is crammed to the top with my stuff and his. We took the picture in my garage after a straight through drive where we took turns trying to keep from having an accident without the use of a rear view mirror.

Of course, for me the trip started in St. Louis, loading up one of my wife's cars with stuff, then transferring it to his Jeep, so he could add a 42 inch television, a bicycle, an X-Box 360, a huge Rubbermaid bin full of shoes (must have gotten that habit from his mother) and other stuff crammed into nooks and crannies. Upon arrival, we offloaded the stuff and spent the next four days dodging rain showers before returning north. He did confirm his new position, and will return to Florida next week with his Jeep and a rented trailer in tow. In two months, my wife and I will move full time to Florida, and my son will live only 40 minutes away, instead of four hours. The trip back north was much more interesting.........read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment