Monday, August 30, 2010

The Corvette Museum





On August 27th, after spending the night in Bowling Green, my son and I visited the second museum on the trip from Florida to Indianapolis. The National Corvette Museum opens at 8 AM, and we were there bright and early. I think J.B. enjoyed this place a bit more than the previous day's air museum in Georgia, and perhaps the hardest part of this blog entry was to be selecting the appropriate photos to post.


I selected one shot of the inside, where I stood outside the Cafe and took in the expansive gift shop on the left side and the entry into the museum (admission ticket part) itself. Another picture is of an original 1953 car (one of the first off the production line) and the 1,500,000th Corvette to be built (2010). The third photo is of the new Grand Sport, which is primarily a Z-06 with an automatic transmission. Should I ever be so lucky as to sell both condos (one now on the market, the other soon to be) I'd love one of these.

If you're planning to visit, bring $25 as an adult admission. Or, join the museum with a $50 family membership (tax deductible as it's a 501(c)(3) organization) and have unlimited visits. A lot to see, and exhibits change from time to time. One of my favorites were the Corvette pace cars from all the Indy 500's, and another was the C-6 Corvette driven up the Alaskan highway, complete with roof rack for spares.

I hope to post many of the photo's to my Face Book page, for both the Corvette museum and the Air Force museum as Warner Robbins AFB I had visited on the day prior to Bowling Green. Having spent five years of driving back and forth without digressions, I really enjoyed this time with my son, and my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment